The solution for locating objects in real time
With a real-time localisation system ( RTLS ), a position detection of objects ( e.g. forklift trucks, load carriers, handling units, components, products, persons ) in one or more predefined areas can be realised with an accuracy of up to 0.5 metres. The detection of the position in space and in height with x, y and z coordinates ( e.g. the height of the forklift fork ) is possible.
Position messages can be sent permanently or on demand ( for example, when a forklift truck picks up or places a pallet ). Storing processes can be monitored by means of a handling unit in JIS racks, for example when transporting products.
In combination with the automatic identification of goods ...
- the link between position of the forklift truck and identification of goods ( for example when loading or unloading ) is possible. This also enables the storage of positions of transported objects ( e.g. containers, skeleton containers, pallets )
- the detection of hall transitions ( e.g. object leaves the hall via the dispatch gate ) is possible
- the recognition of putaways and stock removals at storage bins, high rack storage areas or block storage areas is possible
Advantages of real-time localization through RFID localization
- Real-time detection and monitoring of object positions
- Reduction of the inventory effort
- no search times
- Route optimization
- Increase process safety
Examples of use
- Warehouse logistics ( high rack warehouse, block storage )
- Production Just in Time / Just in Sequence ( JIT / JIS )
- Output of x, y, z coordinates
- Output of events on entry or exit from a configured zone
- Visualization of the position on a site plan
- Optional: Possibility of linking identifiable objects ( e.g. pallet or pallet cage ) with a forklift position
- Active transponders for object to be tracked
- Permanently installed sensors for covering an area
- Smart Factory Production Logistics Ubisense
- RFID middleware GRAIDWARE ® SFP Interface