We have years of experience with Board Support Packages ( BSP ) / system integration and driver development as well as the IoT Enablement Kit based on the AM335x processors from Texas Instruments. The microprocessor series is based on the Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 family with 3D graphics, flexible peripheral modules and Industrial Ethernet.
The processors offer the possibility of comprehensive graphics processing as well as extensive connection options via industrial interfaces such as EtherCAT or PROFIBUS. The Texas Instruments AM335x series supports Embedded Linux and Android as high-level operating systems (HLOSs).
Integrated subsystems of the AM335x microprocessor series
- Microprocessor Unit (MPU) Subsystem based on the ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor
- POWERVR SGX Graphics Acceleration System for accelerating 3D graphics applications to support demanding effects on the screen such as games
- A programmable real-time unit and an industrial communication subsystem (PRU-ICSS) allow independent operations and clocking for higher efficiency and flexibility
- PRU-ICSS enables work with additional peripheral protocols such as EtherCAT, PROFINET,
- EtherNet/IP, PROFIBUS, Ethernet Powerlink, Sercos and others