Order picking with the help of RFID
When picking with the help of RFID solutions, the component to be picked is identified at the workstation using RFID tracking. This can be done automatically with an RFID reader or manually with a scanner ( RFID handheld devices, barcode, data matrix or similar ). Alternatively, picking orders can also be selected manually.
All relevant information such as product and parts lists etc. are retrieved and displayed via a terminal at the picking workstation. It is possible to retrieve information and data from third-party business applications ( e.g. from an ERP system ). After completion the work step is confirmed by the employee.
Order picking with RFID can be combined with a Pick-by-Light system.
Advantages of picking with RFID
- Paperless picking
- Process logging and quality monitoring
- Reduction of errors caused by incorrect picking
Examples of use
- Contract logistics
- Terminal application for displaying picking lists
- Recording of employee confirmation after completion of picking
- optional: can be combined with a Pick-by-Light system
- Terminal application
- Terminal PC
- The Middleware GRAIDWARE software requirements apply
- Part of the middleware GRAIDWARE Basis