Position detection via RFID handheld
The handheld based position detection allows the detection of RFID or barcode marked objects on a transport rack or a painting skid with a mobile handheld system. By scanning the objects in a predefined sequence, the exact position of the product on the rack is detected. Automated or manually guided transport racks are supported.
By means of an application on the mobile handheld system scanning is controlled. Position results are visualized and are available as history. Data is available for statistical evaluation ( e.g. for quality assurance purposes ) to third party applications.
Data can also be transferred to a painting program and compared with it to ensure the correct number and placement of the correct components. Furthermore the optional identification of the painting skid and the logical connection of the objects with the transport rack is possible.
Advantages of handheld based position detection
- Detection of quality deviations in downstream process steps
- Display of process errors ( e.g. a certain position on a painting skid is always painted incorrectly )
- Avoidance of incorrect painting passages
- Reduction of production costs by avoiding rejects
- higher process transparency
- Logging of process parameters leads to traceability at product level
Examples of use
- Production control
- Paint shop
- Processes in which several components on a load carrier are guided through a machine production step
- Capture of Auto ID marked objects on a transport cart, rack or paint skid by scanning in a predefined sequence
- Position detection of the objects
- Output of hints / errors on handheld user interface
- Optional: Coupling with machine connection for control ( e.g. to stop the system in case of an error ) possible
- Optional: Countercheck to the painting program ( do the detected objects and / or their position fit to the upcoming painting program )
- Handheld system ( depending on the identification medium HF or UHF RFID, barcode, data matrix, QR code )
- RFID middleware GRAIDWARE ® Additional component connector for handhelds