Forklift truck with RFID reader
RFID technology can be used to automate identification processes for goods movements by forklift trucks. The RFID hardware is installed on the forklift without any further cabling to identify the transported goods or goods carriers. With other technologies, such as positioning solutions / indoor localisation / RTLS, the forklift position can also be used for automatic stock transfer postings.
Advantages of RFID identification on forklifts
✓ Avoidance of missing bookings through higher degree of automation
✓ Automatic inventory for subareas
✓ Avoidance of non-value-added activities ( manual barcode scanning )
✓ Avoidance of search times for transported goods
Automated warehouse booking with RFID forklift
Examples of use
- Goods-in / goods-out
- Warehouse management
- Identification of RFID tagged objects
- Automatic recognition of a load
- Output of information on a terminal ( e.g. article, batch, delivery, customer number, planned storage location, etc. )
- Communication with central GRAIDWARE ® server allows data exchange with external systems, e.g. warehouse management in ERP
- Detection of forklift truck locations in the covered locating area
- Feedback of object locations based on the detected parking location
- Recognition of storage locations within shelf or bulk storage
- RFID reader
- Sensor for load detection
- GRAIDWARE ® Hardware Connector
- Connection cable
Communication variants of the RFID hardware from tractor to lifting device
- Data connection and power supply via hybrid cable or
- Data connection via WLAN and power supply via battery
RTLS ( Real Time Locating System ) on ultra wideband basis consisting of:
- permanently installed sensors to cover the locating area
- active tags on the forklift truck to detect the position, driving direction and fork height
HF ( High Frequency ) positioning system consisting of:
- HF reader on the forklift truck floor and floor transponder distributed to relevant hall areas
- the transponders are read automatically when the vehicle passes over them
GRAIDWARE Module Forklift
Based on the AutoID / RFID middleware GRAIDWARE ® with RFID supported terminal application
Transfer of goods and goods carriers
Both the forklift truck and the points of goods transfer ( e.g. gates ) are equipped with RFID technology and sensors.
The forklift truck automatically detects the entrance to the hall by means of floor transponders or RFID gates. To work with the terminal on the forklift truck, the driver logs on to the terminal with his personnel number and selects the necessary working mode.
A new change of location, for example when leaving a hall, is detected by means of transponders or a gate. Afterwards a booking is made in the ERP system.
Identification of goods carriers
When approaching the goods carrier, this and / or the product is identified. The positions are then automatically detected by the forklift. If necessary, the user can make manual changes at the terminal.
Identification of storage position
When goods carriers are put into storage, the storage position is automatically / partially automatically identified and transmitted to the ERP system. Available storage bins of the area are automatically displayed on the terminal during the unloading process.
The forklift module not only allows you to easily record and track goods movements, but also to maximize the efficiency of your logistics processes. By integrating the ERP system, data can be retrieved and displayed in real time on the forklifts terminal. Marked objects ( goods or goods carriers ) are automatically identified when the forklift picks them up.
Wireless data exchange with the ERP system makes it possible to visualize related information ( e.g. article, batch, storage location, etc. ) on the terminal. The clearly arranged surface with optimally arranged touch control elements guarantees a simple, intuitive and safe operation of the terminal even in hectic operating hours.